Equivalent Engineering trades as Ergomobility and Rosmia.
At Equivalent Engineering we believe that the privacy of our customers is very important.
This policy outlines:
- What data we collect or are given
- How we use it
- Location and duration of storage
- Whether there are other recipients of your personal information
- Whether we intend to transfer it to another country, and
- Whether we do automated decision-making or profiling
Equivalent Engineering are the data controller for the personal information that we process. We can be contacted by:
Unit 1-4 Crosspost Industrial Park
Our Data Protection Officer is Sandie Scrase. You can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at the above postal address – please mark the envelope ‘Data Protection Officer’.
Personal Information we collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Reasons why you need an adaptation
- Financial data to take payment
- Telephone conversations may be recorded for training and quality purposes
- Our Bolney workshop is covered by CCTV recording
This information may be:
- Given to us by you via, phone, email, website form, visiting our workshop
- Given to us by an agency acting on your behalf such as Motability or one of their specialists in a car dealership
How we use personal information
We DO NOT sell, rent, lease, trade, swap or exchange personal information.
We may use your information:
- To deliver agreed products and services to you
- For internal accounting and regulatory purposes
- For statistical analysis to assess our business performance and to improve our products and services
- To keep you informed of our products and services you might be interested in
- To facilitate your use of our website and the services available through it
You can verify the details you have submitted to Equivalent Engineering by contacting our Data Protection Officer. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your email and home addresses.
You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct or delete your personal information controlled by Equivalent Engineering at any time.
You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Our legal bases for processing your personal information are:
- The consent you have given
- Processing necessary for the performance of a contract with you or to take steps to enter into a contract.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site.
We may disclose your information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business assets.
- If Equivalent Engineering or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Equivalent Engineering, our customers or companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How long do we keep your data for?
Equivalent Engineering will retain data for no longer than is necessary. What it is necessary to retain will depend on the circumstances of each case, taking into account the reasons that the personal data was obtained, but should be determined in a manner consistent with our data retention guidelines. No data will be retained if subject to a ‘Right to Erasure’ request.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse or enforce out Terms and Conditions. We may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after we have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide our services to you.
You have a number of rights surrounding your information that we hold.
|Access||You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal information. We may refuse to send you some data if it includes information relating to another person or if your request is found to be unfounded or excessive.|
|Correction||You have the right to ask us to correct any information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete any information you think is incomplete.|
|Deletion||You have the right to ask us to delete your personal information if we no longer have a reason to hold it or if you would like to withdraw your consent.|
|Restriction||You have the right to limit the way we use your data if you are concerned about its accuracy or how it is being used.|
|Object to processing||You have the right to object to us processing your personal data when providing you with a service or product or for direct marketing purposes.
Please note by exercising this right it is possible that Equivalent Engineering will no longer be able to provide its products and services to you. In such circumstances you would need to consider using another provider.
|Portability||You have the right to be provided with a copy of your data in a format that is easily accessible and machine readable e.g. PDF or CSV|
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Making a complaint
If you need to make a complaint you may do so in writing, by telephone or by emailing the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
We take all complaints very seriously and will respond to you within 24 working hours.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner, number ZA424181.
We may store some information (commonly known as a “cookie”) on your computer when you look at our site. This information facilitates your use of our web site and ensures that you do not need to re-enter your details every time you visit it. You can erase or block this information from your computer if you want to (your help screen or manual should tell you how to do this).
By using our website, you agree that we (and Google Inc. Analytics) can place cookies on your device. Please read the following information carefully.
We use Google Analytics in order to help determine how our site is used. The following statement is provided by Google for you to understand how they use information from the cookies they set in their Analytics product.